Role: Polar Outreach Ambassador
Location – South/South West England
Full time/ Part time: Part Time (Freelance)
Do you enjoy working with children… all day long…? Do you have experience of the Arctic or Antarctica? Are you able to work flexible hours? Do you enjoy travelling .. across England? Via… the train….?
LOOK NO FURTHER!
We are currently expanding our freelance team and looking for outreach officers to deliver exciting workshops at ‘Polar Fun Day’ in schools across the UK.
The candidates we are looking for this position should have a passion for the Polar Regions…. And like the cold… ideally come from either an adventure or science background and wish to share their Polar experience with young people. Is flexible in terms of working hours and efficient in communication with the outreach co-ordinator.
Education Through Expeditions (ETE) is a non-profit Community Interest Company (CIC) which has been running Polar Fun Days for both primary and secondary schools for over 7 years, visiting 850 schools. ETE was established by renowned polar adventurer Antony Jinman in 2009 with the aims to break down the walls of a classroom and inspiring the children. Please have a look at www.ETESchools.com
.Key Role Responsibilities; (80%)
*The core role of the School Outreach Coordinator will be to deliver presentations and classroom activities/assemblies for schools based on personal Polar experience. The post holder will lead on the delivery and continuous development of an effective and flexible service for schools.
- Serve as a key external representative of ETE by gaining and communicating a thorough understanding of the ETE Brand positioning and services offered.
- Conduct informal and formal feedback surveys from teachers and pupils.
- Travel to education conferences and other outreach events to market programs, engage with prospective learners and/or conduct presentations.
- Demonstrate the ability to cultivate strong relationships with key educational partners and organisations to further develop new business and learner referral programs.
- Create a profile on LiketoBe.org and help answer questions from students online.
- Develop additional resources and materials for schools and teachers through a good understanding of teaching curriculums.
Operational Support Responsibilities; (20%)
- Facilitate timely, complete and accurate data entry to monitor effectiveness of outreach activities.
- Follow up on actions following initial contact with prospective customers or partners through phone calls or meetings at education fairs, career fairs, meetings, or outreach event.
- Support the preparation of reports and marketing materials as requested.
- Accept accountability for specific outreach and lead generation metrics and key performance indicators including the timeliness and accuracy of data entry of feedback.
- Serve on various committees and other special projects as needed.
- Perform consistently to meet or exceed performance targets.